Research Paper Presentations
Each group of students will give a presentation on a research paper that is broadly related to transfer
learning. Overall, the presentation will be worth 30% of the total grade. Each group will need to sign
up for the presentation in a google sheet (the link will be shared on Piazza).
Each talk should be around 30 mins in length, with 20~25 mins for the technical presentations and 5~10
mins for questions and discussion. Please send your slides to the instructor at least one week before
your presentation for feedback.
The following list of papers only serve as a reference for you to choose from. You are free to choose
any paper that interests you, as long as it is relevant to the course topic (broadly).
Domain Adaptation / Generalization
Each presentation will be graded based on the following criterion:
- Clarity of the presentation;
- Literature review, background and motivation of the work;
- A high-level summary of the contributions of the work;
- Detailed introduction to a key technical result of the paper;
- Discussion on potential future research directions and applications;
- Answers to the potential questions from the audience.